Scroll down one post for Unity Friends with Flair.
I've come to realize over the last few months that cards aren't exactly my forte'. I mean, I there are a couple that I'm pretty proud of but mostly more duds than studs.
I'm starting to get into making ATCs, which are "sorta" cards, right? I mean, look at my two fave cards...they're more little art canvases than what most people make for cards with all the layering and mats and ribbon, etc.
So I'm gonna show you my two most recent ATCs (and I hope Ally doesn't kill me because they haven't been distributed yet). (SOOOO, if you are a member of either Ally's Kawaii or Halloween ATC swap, CLOSE YOUR EYES NOW!! Go to another blog. GO HERE. Or HERE. Just DON'T PEEK!)
I already gave you a peek at my Kawaii swap:
My original intention was to base this tuff little ninja grrrrl on my daughter, but I didn't have a marker that did her rootbeer-colored eyes justice so I went with turquoise instead. She's loosely based on a Power Puff girl, too. Since I had to make so many ATCs, I cheated and just made one drawing and then photocopied them and colored them in. That's why the eyes aren't black but copier grey. I ran out of time getting them sent out so my compromise was to not color in all the eyes and mouths so they all have that Turner Classic Movie colorization going for them.
The background is alcohol inks with a pearl mixative, which, of course does not translate well to photo, so you'll just have to imagine the luminescent quality of the background. I masked off a part, sprayed it with Glimmer Mist and hit it with a bit of the Martha Stewart
As mentioned, the kanji is a my crude attempt at the word "bad". I apologize profusely to those who can actually read kanji and realize how miffed up it is.
Details: Stampin' Up! glossy paper; Ranger alcohol inks; Martha Stewart glitter; Glimmer Mist; Markers - Stampin' Up, Marvy, Sharpie; Zig Milennium pen; unknown stars.
My Halloween ATC:
I am lovin' this baby! The background is made with purple and black alcohol inks with a silver mixative but, again, the pearlescent quality of it is lost in digital translation. This one shows it a little bit:
I used Stampin' Up! heat & stick powder to adhere the glitter to the skull. And the spiderweb, BOO, and edges of the card all embossed in black.
Details: Stampin' Up! glossy paper, heat & stick powder; Stamps - Inkadinkado, Making Memories; Ink - StazOn, VersaMark, Stampendous embossing powder, Ranger alcohol inks; Martha Stewart glitter.
Hope you enjoyed my ode to World Card Making Day today. Have fun creating!!