Over on the Cuttlebug Challenges blog (http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/) today they have a challenge to go along with a great tutorial posted by Jennifer McGuire about sanding Cuttlebug embossed images (http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/05/inspiration-from-jennifer-mcguire.html). Here is my offering:
I didn't have any white core cardstock so I began by brayering ink on a piece of white c/s. Then I embossed it with the Cuttlebug. Finally, I sanded the raised areas to lift away some of the color to let the white paper show through. I finished the card off by stamping the bird image on white c/s using Ranger Distress Ink, cut it out, popped it up with foam, added some ribbon and a bit of Liquid Pearls in some of the flower centers.
Details: Paper - The Paper Company; Ink - SU!, Ranger Industries Distress Ink; Other - Hampton Arts stamp, SU! ribbon, Liquid Pearls, Cuttlebug.